Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Experimenting with Graduation and Layering

I recently started using new graduation and layering techniques, which I'd like to share. These work especially well on fine hair at enhancing the effect of graduation and layers.

  1. Diagonal Graduation
  2.             When hair is pulled out to 90 degrees, angle your fingers(to the degree of your choice, although only a slight angle is needed) so that the lengths vary, the shortest being closest to the top of the head. This way, the hair will have more graduation.
  3. Graduated Overdirected Layer
  4.             This technique is one I use primarily when I know that the style for the cut I'm creating will be curly. The hair is pulled straight up (from the bottom hairline), overdirected forward and the fingers angled down. This way, multiple layers will be created in one cut. When styling, I blowdry each layer independently with a diffuser, thus stacking curls for a much more luxurious effect.
      If you don't understand any of the topics explained in this text, email me through "Ask the Stylist."

      Enjoy.

      1 comment:

      1. Your post really helped me to understand about this. It has great details and yet it is easy to understand.That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.Thanks for sharing.

        ReplyDelete